The road trip is officially known as the “On the Run Summer Tour” and the poster art is raising eyebrows.
Jay-Z and Queen Bey are pictured wearing black ski masks like a modern day Bonnie & Clyde… or would that be modern-day terrorists?
Their judgement on the tour theme seems to be open to criticism given the state of current events. The one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon terrorist bombing was marked last week.
Beyonce, Jay-Z On the Run Tour Dates
- July 15 – Atlanta, Georgia – Georgia Dome
- July 18 – Houston, Texas – Minute Maid Park
- July 20 – New Orleans, Louisiana – Mercedes-Benz Supderdome
- July 22 – Dallas, Texas – AT&T Stadium
- July 24 – Chicago, Illinois – Soldier Field
- July 27 – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – MB Investors Group Field
- July 30 – Seattle, Washington – Safeco Field
- August 2 – Los Angeles, California – Rose Bowl
- August 5 – San Fransisco, California – AT&T Park
Source: Beyonce Web Site
Beyoncé, 32, announced the tour on her Web site today (Apr. 28) and published the promotional poster.
The poster shows Jay-Z, 44, in silhouette; Beyonce has her arm slung over his shoulder and stares into the camera. Only her eyes are visible in the mask.
The “On the Run” tour launches July 15 in Atlanta, Ga., and wraps Aug. 5 in San Francisco, Calif. More dates could be added. So far, major cities like New York City and Washington, D.C. are not on the schedule.
Jay Z is also scheduled to headline Budweiser’s “Made in America” music festival over Labor Day weekend.
For ticket information check out Beyoncé’s web site.
Let us know your thoughts about the poster and be sure to follow TheImproper on Twitter for all the latest music news.