Hot Poppin' Culture News From New York City

Rita Ora Unloads on Ex Calvin Harris Over Teen Choice Snafu (watch!)

Rita Ora opened up on Ryan Seacrest's radio show to explain why she canceled her Teen Choice Awards performance.

Rita Ora opened up on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show to explain why she canceled her Teen Choice Awards performance.

Rita Ora, the UK singer who is just gaining an audience in the United States, had a prime opportunity to showcase her talent at the Teen Choice Awards. But she was a last minute no-show, and today (Aug 12) she explained what happened.

Ora appeared on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show where the subject invariably came up.

“Unfortunately, we couldn’t do the Teen Choice Awards,” Ora said.

“What happened? Seacrest replied.

“Ask Calvin,” Ora answered rolling her eyes.

She was referring to her ex-boyfriend Calvin Harris, the Scottish DJ, whom she dated for about a year. The broke up in June and both seemed to take the split pretty hard.

“We both work really hard, we’re both all over the place,” she told the British edition of Glamour. “I’m not doing too great but I’m doing better than I thought.”

Apparently there were some hard feelings. Ora was announced as a performer on the Teen Choice Awards earlier this year. But Harris pulled the rug out from under her appearance at the last minute.

She announced only days before the show on Sunday (Aug 11) that she would be a no-show.

“I was supposed to perform at the Teen Choice Awards,” the 23-year-old singer said. “For anybody who doesn’t understand how it works, he wrote an produced the song… so he has to approve anything TV-wise,” she explained.

“Obviously he owns the rights to it and he didn’t approve the Teen Choice Awards.”

Is that a dick move or what?

Check out the video below to get the rest of the story. Let us know your thoughts and be sure to follow TheImproper on Twitter for the latest music news.


Subscribe To TheImproper's Email Newsletters, Free!