Adrian Mayorga, the building manager on the night of the fire, has filed a sworn statement in a lawsuit, making the sensational accusation.
Mayorga claims that one of the apartment occupants told him that he’d found a crack pipe inside Greene’s West Hollywood apartment.
There’s only one problem, Mayorga doesn’t seem to know who told him.
He states in the statement that he saw Greene, her brother Joe Green, and boyfriend, Ryan Phillippe being treated at the scene during the fire, according to TMZ which obtained a copy of the sworn statement.
He also states that Greene and her crew looked “disoriented.”
“They looked like they were drunk or under the influence of something,” he asserted.
Phillippe, however, has reportedly submitted his own sworn statement. He claims he was not only not in the apartment the night of the fire, but had never set foot in the building, known as The Granville Towers, TMZ reported.
Mayorga filed the lawsuit in November a year ago claiming he suffered permanent respiratory damage from the fire.
The fire was traced to a burning candle that set fire to a curtain. Greene’s dog died in the blaze.
Others in the building are also suing Greene because of the damage to their apartments caused by the fire.
The fact that he would leak his deposition to TMZ makes sense because the parties are probably in negotiations to settle the case.
Mayorga may be trying to leverage more money out of the “Twilight” star, or he’s getting stonewalled and my be trying to embarrass her.
For more updates on the case, follow IM on Twitter.