“Twilight” hottie Robert Pattinson is set to give a live interview with MTV, which the music network will stream live this Friday (Mar 18). In lead up to the event, MTV has published its favorite Rob quotes. What are yours?
As the network notes, just about anything is likely to pop out of the shy, self-effacing actor’s mouth. He may even deliver some dish on Kristen Stewart.
The two have been rumored to be dating for so long, he may just decide it’s time to confirm what everybody already knows–that the two are an item. But don’t hold your breath waiting.
Rob and Kristen have so far refused to discuss their private lives.
But Rob has offered up a few choice quotes since the first “Twilight” movie launched him to international stardom. Here are MTV’s top picks. If you have some share them in the comments section
10. “This is the first time, really, that I’ll be confronted with a bunch of Twilighters. I guess I can see for myself. But I’m kind of nervous about it.” — At Comic-Con in 2008
9. “The worst part is you’ve got to work almost every single day, which is something I’m never going to get used to.” — On the downside of being Edward Cullen, at the Los Angeles premiere of “New Moon”
8. “I didn’t see Taylor until just a little bit before we started shooting. When he came back, I had the same reaction as everybody else. I was like, ‘Jeez, now I have to go to the gym!’ — MTV Radio Interview
7. “It made me feel really tough, really hard. I don’t think I’ve ever won a fight in my life.” — On winning Best Fight with Cam Gigandet at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards
6. “To be honest, I should’ve been nominated in a few more categories.” — On “New Moon” only receiving five noms at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards
5. “Before ‘Twilight,’ I did any movie that I got [offered], and you’d try and make the best of it afterward. But now you’re expected to come into the movie and provide not only economic viability, but also a performance as well. You can’t just mess around. People are like, ‘We’re employing you to be here, as a star and an actor.’ It’s difficult, and it’s scary.”
4. “The idea of kind of doing this big romantic kiss, like Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams did [for “The Notebook”], I couldn’t do that. I’d be so embarrassed! So I just thought, “We better do something dumb.” But then Kristen didn’t want to do something dumb!” — On his awkward smooch with KStew while at the 2010 Movie Awards
3. “I love how they release that for the first one. They just give it all away.” — on a photo of Edward and Bella in bed on their honeymoon
2. “I like the story about me being pregnant. It was in some Australian magazine, on the front page! I was like, “Wow, that’s just [insane].” And it’s not even ironic. I don’t even think the article [tried to justify it]; it was just a headline. The article was just like, nothing.”
1. “Lot of my crack in it!” — On his onscreen nudity in the upcoming drama, “Bel Ami”
Rob just finished shooting “Water for Elephants” with Reese Witherspoon and Christolph Waltz. He’s back filming Breaking Dawn, part 1 and 2 in Vancouver.
“MTV First: Robert Pattinson” will air at 8:56 p.m. ET on Friday. Let us know your memorable Rob moments below!