Bruno Mars has released his haunting tune “It Will Rain” that will lead the “Breaking Dawn, Part 1,” soundtrack and a full-track list is out highlighting the lucky bands that will round out the album.
“After seeing the movie, I thought that it would be a perfect fit,” Mars told MTVNews.
“The ‘Twilight’ movies for me [are] a love story. But it’s a dark love story,” he added.
“And I think the best way to describe the song is: It’s the darker side of love. I think that pretty much sums it up.”
Indeed, the movie, the latest installment in the “Twilight” series, will focus on the marriage of vampire Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) and his human love Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart).
Breaking Dawn, Part 1 Album Track List
- Angus & Julia Stone: “Love Will Take You”
- Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz: “Cold”
- The Belle Brigade: “I Didn’t Mean It”
- Bruno Mars” “It Will Rain”
- Carter Burwell: “Love Death Rebirth”
- Christina Perri: “A Thousand Years”
- Cider Sky: “Northern Lights”
- The Features: “From Now On”
- Imperial Mammoth: “Requiem on Water”
- Iron & Wine: “Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version)”
- The Joy Formidable: “Endtapes”
- Mia Maestro: “Llovera”
- Noisettes: “Sister Rosetta (2011 Version)”
- Sleeping at Last: “Turning Page”
- Theophilus London: “Neighbors”
The union, however, will be a stormy one, as the Cullen clan contends with the disapproving Volturi and the rath of Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner), who is determined to save Bella.
Mars’ track is somewhat ironic because he sings about the pain of “no more sunlight, if I lose you baby,” while Edward would like nothing better, since he’s a vampire and sunlight is potentially deadly.
Of course, Mars is singing to a human audience, so they hopefully will look past the contradiction.
“Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1” soundtrack will be released Nov. 8 and he’ll be joined by a flock of indie artists, including Christina Perri, Theophilus London and Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz, according to MTV.
Iron & Wine’s song “Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version)” will be played during the long-awaited wedding.
Pattinson, who sings and plays guitar, did not write a song for the “Breaking Dawn Part 1” soundtrack. He did contribute a tune to the soundtrack for “Twilight.”