Charlie Sheen, who declared war on bosses at his hit show “Two and a Half Men” has come up a loser. He was fired today (Mar. 7), ending all chances, at least for the moment, of the series resuming with him on board.
“After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on “Two and a Half Men” effective immediately,” the company said in a statement.
Sheen had earlier threatened legal action after the show was suspended for the rest of the year because of his cocaine, alcohol and prostitute binges.
According to reports, his contract does not contain a morals clause that would allow him to be fired for behavior outside the production.
Sheen is continuing to threaten legal action, according to the New York Daily News.
“Biggest ever,” he wrote to the newspaper in an email.
Sheen has continued his rants before almost any media outlet that will give him air time, and insists that he is alcohol and drug free.
He’s said several times that he would return to the show and that negotiations were continuing.
There was some tabloid speculation that Warner and CBS would replace Sheen; his firing today clears the way for that to happen, barring a legal challenge from the actor.
Sheen has been irascible and unyielding in his lifestyle, his rants and his demands on the show’s producers.
He shacked up with his two girlfriends, porn star Bree Olson and model Natalie Kenley. but suffered a setback when estranged wife Brooke Mueller got a restraining order.
She was able to get police to remove her twin toddler boys with Sheen from his custody. The two are due in court Tuesday Mar. 8.
Sheen has accused Mueller of drug use and has made a slew of wild threats during the course of his rants.